At Kiddlywinks we are passionate about using mealtimes to support and educate children in developing healthy lifestyles. Our team aim to ensure that children are provided with opportunities to develop their knowledge and independence to make healthy choices in our endeavour to continue to provide children with strong foundations for good health and nutrition for the future.
Our menus aim to:
- Enrich children’s experiences
- Encourage children to try new foods
- Celebrate and share diversity
- Promote our own cultures and promote an understanding of others
- Develop and promote parent partnership
- Use food and social eating times to promote all areas of the early years curriculum
We endeavour to meet the needs of all the children whether they suffer from food intolerances, allergies or have particular life choices.
We have a four-week rotating menu so children get the opportunity to experience a range of different foods. This changes seasonally and is reflective of the children’s views and we encourage parents to make suggestions to enhance our menus further.
We provide weekly and daily menu information within the playrooms and entry notice boards. If you wish you can also have a copy of the four-week menu rotation to help you with home meal planning. We record what each child has eaten, including milk feeds and this information is available for your child on our Daily Diary App.